Monday, February 14, 2011

How to get the smell of puke out of your carpet

I am a little bit late on blogging this week because Hazel has been sick. There is nothing I hate more than sick kids (ok I might hate myself being sick a little more). I would like to know why kids feel the need to wander around when they feel like they are going to throw up. Well that is what Hazel did and she got the carpet in her room pretty good. The whole upstairs smelled like it and I tried everything to get it out, I scrubbed it, I opened the window, I used Fabreeze, I used my steam cleaner and it still totally reeked like barf! I was complaining to my sister about it and she said she had that problem with her couch from her son being sick and she used baking soda on it. She said to put baking soda on it and leave it for a couple hours then vacuum it up. I tried it and it worked. The room doesn't smell completely barf free but it is a TON better. The smell could just be in my head now or there might be another spot I haven't found yet, like I said she likes to wander. Thank you Carlye!
I would also like to add if your kids are sick please please please keep them home. I am so tired of seeing kids obviously sick (I mean green stuff running out of their nose or a totally hacking cough) at school or church or other places. They will be more comfortable at home and you won't be spreading it. Thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment