Sunday, March 20, 2011

St. Patricks Day

I think it is important to celebrate the holidays when you have kids. They love any holiday no matter how little it is. For the bigger holidays I try to go all out but for smaller ones like St. Patricks Day I just try to make the day a little more special than any other day.
This year my kids set leprechaun traps with pictures of rainbows they drew as bait.

They almost caught one but it got away. He did leave some chocolate gold coins behind.

And I made cookies with green frosting and sprinkles. Out of 101 cookie cutters they didn't throw in a shamrock one so I had to settle for the circle.


For dinner I made waffles with scrambled eggs with green food coloring. I have been reading Green Eggs and Ham with the twins so they thought that was pretty cool. Haven't figured out how to do green ham :)

No comments:

Post a Comment